Friday, June 29, 2007

El ultimo dia...













I am currently skipping class because today we don´t have Maria Luisa, we have a substitute. I´m here to tell you that eso no es mal, es fatal. My last day of class, the last two hours of the day, and no Maria Luisa. I´d feel a lot worse except she is joining a group of us tonight for dinner, so it´s bascially ok. The substitute is nice, but she´s just doesn´t have the energy and entertainment factor necessary for the last two hours of class on the last day. So here I am writing to you...
I don´t have much to say other than I have enjoyed my time here in Valencia, I have learned much and spoken more Spanish that I ever thought possible. I´m still not as bilingual as I´d like to be, but I guess I´ll just have to be patient. I´ve met many new people from all over Europe (and some from the US), and that´s always a good thing.
But the truth is, I am ready to come home. It seems like I have the same feeling everytime I travel internationally--there is so much of my own country that I´ve never seen, and I think my future travels may be contained within my own cultural borders. Plus, the actual JOURNEY has gotten to be a real annoyance for me. Perhaps it´s old age... There really aren´t enough fashion magazines in the world to make a 24 hour travel period endurable for me anymore.
I´m looking forward to our big Espanole(!) dinner tonight, and tomorrow I will travel around the city one last time, pack my bags, and go to sleep early. Sunday my first flight leaves at 8:30 am and I´m going to arrive at the airport at 6:30 am, and it will be midnight when I finally get HOME.
Yay! Thanks for reading!
leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the other way around. I'm like, is it time to go back to the States already? Oh mannnnn.... of course, my literary work is dependent me being in other nations, mainly third world countries.

Welcome back home Leslie though where I know you missed Tony Soprano's ending, Paris's escapade in jail, opening summer blockbuster movies, and a whole lotta rain ... but don't worry, there is plenty in the forecast.

Have enjoyed your daily blogs of my home country. Cheers, mate!