Friday, June 22, 2007

No se que hacer...













Here you see:

Belen and Serena going over our homework
Serena and Robin (from Sweden) buying clothes
Calle de los Serranos (which we take everyday to school)
My favorite little street called…um…”Mira…aqui estamos en tu calle favorita”
And La Plaza de la Virgen


Serena and I speak only Spanish together. Occasionally when we don’t know a word in Spanish we will say the English word. We only speak Italian when we are cooking (“pasta pomodoro”) or when Serena is teaching me bad words in Italian.


I continue to write in Spanish like I’m in second grade (and I’m giving myself a lot of credit here), and I speak like I’m mentally challenged. I know Rome wasn’t built in a day, but for heaven’s sake, they at least had a column up in two weeks…


This weekend is the Fiesta de San Juan. This is the celebration of the arrival of summer, officially. It’s the longest day and shortest night of the year. The summer solstice, as it were. The entire city will be partying, and if I understand correctly, the majority will be at the beach. As I am not a huge fan of the beach in general (have I mentioned there are no bathrooms at the beach?), I am sitting on the fence about attending this party. Naturally Serena says I should go because I’m here in Valencia to partake of all things Valenciano, but somehow the thought of an entire 7+ hours of no bathroom and sand in various unmentionable places is not a thrilling one. I’m so much more of a “that bar close to your house is cool” kind of gal… I’m sure I could find a party in town, but everyone I know here in Valencia (all 4 of them) will be at the beach. The choice seems obvious, no? But my family and close friends can tell you that if Leslie ain’t having a good time….

I’ll report back to you on Monday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to a service at one of the churches, yet? It would be quite a treat to observe a real Cathedral mass in progress. Austin has had buckets of rain & hardly any sunshine. My Spanish tan has faded prematurely--No es mal, es fatal! :)
Don't forget to include yourself in the pix (along with any HOT Spanish Caballeros you come in contact with).
J TO