Sunday, September 25, 2011

Horizontal to Vertical Progression

Photo courtesy of Uncle Mike

Dad has gradually gone from propping up in bed to full scale sitting up in the ICU recliner to watch the Aggie game yesterday.  I guess the Ags needed him to stand up E. King Gill style, because they lost to the OSU Cowboys by one point.  Nevertheless, he told me Saturday was the first day in a while that he cared what day it was, and that he drank his coffee from the cup because "you don't drink coffee from a straw".

Today he told me he's going to ask my aunt Eleanor to bring him a # 4 (or was it #11?) from Mi Cocina.  Good thing brain surgery hasn't affected his appetite.

Thanks for checking in.

5 comments:

Seth Ringley said...

Thanks so much for this! Eleanor just gave me your info to stay updated.

Always thinking about him!

Gig Em!

Love, Seth

Mary Kim said...

It's good to see him sitting up finally :)

Steve Carney said...

Hi Leslie- thanks for the updates. Please let your dad know that my wife Robbin and I are praying for him.

God blessings,

Steve Carney
stevecarney@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Lesile - my name is Terry Snider and I worked with your father for many years at Paper Art/Creative Expressions. Please let him know we are thinking of him and have in in our prayers. It is good to know is he is recovering from surgury.

Terry

Tom Kapella said...

Hi Leslie...
Please tell your dad that we are thinking and praying for him. I used to work with your dad at Drawing Board back in the "good ole days". Also, tell him,as an OSU grad, I'm glad he couldn't cheer any harder for the Aggies. Thank you for the update.
Tom Kapella