Thursday, July 31, 2008

Convalescence




This is a photo of Rachel's coffee maker. The coffee sitting there is mine, and I am now going to drink it and try to upload some photos without Mike. This may be a disaster, and for sure the photos will not be as attractive, but I'm feeling adventurous...




Yesterday I was under the weather, but today I am feeling better, thank you very much. I have no photos for yesterday because I spent the day at home resting. Today I decided to stay home as well just to insure my full recovery. I had some upper respiratory problems for those of you that are interested (and you know who you are).



Anyway, the fam is out and about, and I'm sure Mike (not to be confused with the salesman in Hong Kong selling cameras to Andreas and impersonating Mike) will have fantastic photos and possibly commentary that we will all look forward to seeing at a later time. I will post some photos I've taken so far in my journey for your viewing pleasure.






These photos were taken right after my arrival in Zurich. We had about 5 hours to kill between my arrival and Mike & Eleanor's, so we did what any good Texans would do: took a train into town for shopping and lunch.




This is my suite at the Burger house. It is the penthouse suite, and it has its own bathroom, kitchenette, balcony, and toys for my visiting pleasure.

This is Jacob. As you can see, he is VERY serious about his ice cream.







This is Hannah and David on top of a mountain.



Eleanor and the kids and....




Voila! The REAL Mike!

5 comments:

texas*library*chick said...

I'm posting a comment here to see what the problem is. Apparently there have been problems...

jim johnson said...

Lo: Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

These are great pics and entertaining commentary as usual. Unk Mike may have some competition.

By the way,who is the guy in the yellow shirt in the last photo?

tévez sofía adams said...

hysterical picture of mike in his youth. so glad you are feeling better! i am so hungry right now. the burgers look awesome.

why are you wearing long sleeves when rachel has on a tank top? you texan. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear jessie love your pictures love you lets GO shopping

Anonymous said...

good Texans love shopping and lunch? No wonder the Alamo was lost.